Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Divine Lotus

"Divine Lotus"
2020
38cm x 26cm
Watercolour on paper

The Lotus, is symbol of the light of compassion, opens its petals of the heart. Divine fragrance spreads when the petals of the heart unfold....It grows into the full bloom of peaceful contentment, just like my life unfolding and blooming. I find inner strength and beauty as I face hard times and overcome obstacles.
Love, gratitude, compassion and kindness are the cause of all enduring… and it’s a wonderful experience in this fundamental principle of life.
The experiences I had in Siem Reap, Cambodia, in the past ten years have enabled me to practice Metta and to be a better person.
Working with children from underprivileged families, seeing their wish to continue study and their acceptance and tolerance, has awoken me.
The Dalai Lama said, ’Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us tranquillity and the happiness we all seek’. This is what I truly believe, since my connection with Cambodian children.
I paint and create because of the need to express my thoughts and feelings imaginatively, spontaneously and authentically. Over time the gathering of these wonderful experiences leads to emotional fulfilment and to the transformation of the inner self.
We are all so deeply interconnected: to love, to be kind and to do good is what we all should practice in this life time. Life is a circle: just like all flowers, beauty is fleeting so that even the Lotus flower must die. This shows the endless cycle of life, death and rebirth.....
Love is the blossoming of heaven. I find affection and everything I need, and loving kindness is the seed of joy and happiness and the ripples of the kind heart are the highest blessings of the Universe.
Image may contain: outdoor

No comments:

"Transcend"

"Transcend" Oil on Canvas 120cm x 120cm 2019 The lotus. Emerges and rises from the mud . Untouched by the world . It embodie...