Wednesday, May 25, 2011

UNDER THE FINE DAYS IN COLORS AND ART

- an appreciation of Honey Khor’s  enduring achievement

One day, when Honey told me about her involvement in Cambodia as a volunteer teacher for Color of Cambodia some time 2008-2009, I had a great surprise. Further, she shown me her portfolio of painting done her and there in Cambodia and during travel elsewhere, I was overwhelmed.

I was besieged by her energy and output of efforts.

It is true that I encouraged her number of times, and urged her to prepare for a solo show. I also realize that this was not easy, for that many art galleries were very commercial. 

I remember years ago when she organized a children and teachers art exhibition, I visited her art studio; it was amazing that she has founded an admirable art space.

As I flipped through photographs of art works and activities, my instantaneous conclusion was “highly impressive” and no other MIA/ art graduates have reach point of achievement.
Whilst many art graduates in their later years may have made great deal of profit in art and or materialistic-wise, however, Honey Khor has made a lot of spiritual gains no other can match.
Subsequently, through many years, she organized more of the similar activities, and producing many more of her own artworks, so, now it is the right time, the right moment she should release her works to the public.  

Today, we have the great pleasure to view Honey Khor’s artworks in Penang Village, at Great Eastern Mall. This is the indeed the finest venue for art lovers and enthusiasts, to indulge our imagination.

Lok How Yuan
Art History Lecture
Art Critic

No comments:

"Transcend"

"Transcend" Oil on Canvas 120cm x 120cm 2019 The lotus. Emerges and rises from the mud . Untouched by the world . It embodie...