Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Art In Life

Some years ago, naively, I thought my life was in the worst place. I learned that it wasn't as painful compared with someone who had lost their loved one or had lost every thing in life. Whatever comes into life is a challenge to practice and learn to live our lives better.

My life journey is not as simple as my parents', but nevertheless full of lessons to learn. In my young days I remember that I wasn't that bright in studies. I was very playful and enjoyed playing with friends,  climbing rambutan trees, busy plucking rambutan, cycling in the kampong and paddy fields. Childhood was full of love and laughter.

The best result I ever had was in ART, in secondary school. It was the subject that I loved most and most proud of. Living in small kampong, enjoying life, not having pressure from parent to get results, I was not aware how important language is, especially English.

I had so much discouragement and difficulties during college time. My Mandarin wasn't the best and English was the worst. I struggled so much, but no one was able to help.  Those were the times I regretted. After getting a diploma, I wanted to further my studies overseas, but I dare not. That was because of my poor English. Without a second thought I jumped into education because I love children. It proved the right decision, because it has brought lot of joy, and success.

We have to make many choices and decisions. I started learning art on the age of 16. I fell in love with arts. That seed has been growing since then, until today. 24 years later, it has blossom, and I have a second chapter of  art in my life, at 40.

New chapter, new story in life, http://peiyeoubradley.blogspot.com
new blog and story about my art..

No comments:

"Transcend"

"Transcend" Oil on Canvas 120cm x 120cm 2019 The lotus. Emerges and rises from the mud . Untouched by the world . It embodie...